Monday, September 24, 2012

A Voice of Reason, a Voice of Hope

I just read a face book post which Tami Greenfield Boehmer put up...and I had to share.  Tami has been denied a cancer protocol by her insurance, seemingly because of the recent NCCC's suggestion that any more than 4 chemos isn't worth doing as it doesn't prolong life long enough.  For those of us who have had YEARS with no evidence of disease in between bouts, and are stage IV, this is just contrary to what we are.  I am presently on my 4th chemo, yet most people don't realize that I'm fighting cancer at all...and I am many years out from my initial stage IV diagnosis.  We should be looked at individually, yet often the suggestions, guidelines, whatever you want to call them. are taken as the be all and end all and to be applied to each and every cancer patient regardless of our individual stories and situations.

Here's a doctor I wish we all had access to:  Take a look at this article, I think you will be pleased.

https://www.elcaminohospital.org/About_El_Camino_Hospital/Talking_About_Cancer_Treatment_in_2012

No comments:

Post a Comment