Friday, November 25, 2011

The Mrs. Tiggy Winkle Effect

 My hair has come back thicker....but with more grey.  Maggie and Lourdes keep on saying that it isn't grey, it's "ashy".  There's a lot of light colored fluff up there....and when I take a shower and wash my hair it sort of sticks together in funny little pointy things.

I look for all the world like Mrs. Tiggy Winkle.
 Here is Mrs. Tiggy Winkle for those of you who might not have read Beatrix Potter beyond the Tale of Peter Rabbit.  Mrs. Tiggy Winkle is a hedgehog who was a laundress in Miss Potter's stories.  She was based on a Scottish washer woman....and frankly, because of the roundness and the pointy hair, I feel very much like Mrs. Tiggy Winkle.

One good thing though is that the steroids are finally leaving me. My face is much less puffy than it once was. I still need to lose some weight, but I am 20 pounds lighter than when I started this most recent ordeal.
Here's a real hedgehog....and I really do think my hair resembles this....although at present, it is getting long enough to start curling so it stands out, much like the wisps which poke through Mrs. T-W's bonnet.

Every other time my hair has come back, it has curled ...tightly....so, this will probably do the same.  My daughter gets great amusement by running her hands over my head as my hair is very fine and therefore soft.  It's really thick, and there's a lot of it, but it is as soft as baby's hair right now.

Take a look at this lovely little example of Mrs. Tiggy Winkle.    As I have said before, living with cancer is always an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment