Friday, November 23, 2012

Lotions for the Cancer Patient Hand Foot Syndrome Lindi Skin

Back in August, when I was whining about how bad my feet and hands were from the Hand-Foot Syndrome, someone on the Inspire.com website gave Lindi Skin my name and email addy.  One of the employees contacted me and sent me a bottle of their Soothing Balm which was developed especially for cancer patients.

I have to say, their website is full of information on different skin issues, some related to cancer (radiation burns, hand/foot syndrome) and some other issues.  Links send you to information areas which are NOT trying to sell you anything, but give you information on what you can do to alleviate the problem.

The Lindi Soothing Balm was the product which they sent me to see if it would help my Hand-foot syndrome.  The soothing balm is light, and not greasy or oily.  I can honestly say that I can put it on when I'm in the bathroom and if I forget to open the door before I put it on....that's ok as I'm still able to turn the knob....not the case with some of the other stuff I've tried...(yes...pretty humiliating when you have to call for your husband to release you from the bathroom!).  It doesn't have any fragrance added, it is free of parabens (the stuff which mimics estrogen and is basically not good for us), and has not been tested on animals.

It seems to work well for my day-time use....I am afraid that my skin reactions to Xeloda are pretty extreme, and I need something heavier on my feet for night use.  Even on the half dose, I have very tender fingertips and toe-tips (is that a word??), cracking feet, and severe redness.  The burning sensation doesn't seem to go away...and it keeps on getting worse.  I am sure, however, that for most people this would do really well, and I like it much better than Udderly Smooth (which contains parabens).  It is made with avocado, olive oil, glycerin  shea butter and a bunch of other stuff.  It does  help with the dryness, but the tenderness is still there, I assume it is just because of the severity of the reaction which I am lucky enough to have.

They have a product which they suggested I try called the Cooler Roll. Unfortunately, the facility which makes the Cooler Roll was affected by Hurricane Sandy and it is temporarily out of stock.

They have an area which you can sign up for emails which gives you a discount for your first order.  In addition, I have received several special promotions since signing up, so it is worth doing that even if you aren't sure you're ready to order anything. I also noticed that they have a money back guarantee, so if you want to try it, but are not sure it is going to do anything for you, you do have the opportunity to return it if you're not happy.

One last thing...if you use the following link, then they will give 10% of the sale to the not-for-profit of my choice...and I am going to designate the Metavivor Research & Support.  You can find them here.

Here's the link you need to use in order to get the 10% credited to Metavivor:

http://www.lindiskin.com/?a_aid=lisaq


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your experience. I've been looking for something to help with hand/foot syndrome from taking Xeloda. I'm curious what you use on your feet at night. My feet are much worse than my hands and although I've tried many things, nothing has really controlled the peeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diane, I used the Burt's Bees Coconut Foot cream or the Miracle cream on my feet with socks at night. SLATHERED it on. During the day, I used the lighter creams. Aquaphor also was a good bet...I find that the lighter stuff, like Udderly Smooth just wasn't cutting it. Wearing socks with creams at night was a must, not only did it help my feet, but the socks provided a barrier so that the sheets didn't hurt my feet. You have to keep up on it and use the heavier stuff. I couldn't use the bagbalm because it made my feet break out in blisters, and I never had that happen with the Burts Bees.

      I never could find anything which helped the burning sensation, but the other worked well on the cracking.

      I had my last Xeloda tablet on 2/12, and my feet are still shedding like snakes, although I don't have the tightness, swelling and tenderness I had before. I also noticed that the farther along in my treatment, the less peeling I had...little pieces rather than the sheets of skin which lifted off the balls of my feet at first, although that could have been a function of the reduced dose.

      Delete
  2. that is very helpful my friend is on zeloda as well and she was telling me how bad her feet and hands were. I am going to try and get her some of the items you said you tried. I appreciate your insight. Praying for recovery... thanks again.. Audrey

    ReplyDelete