Monday, February 20, 2012

Poison?

I have been reading lots of posts on the Metatastic Breast Cancer site (Inspire) where they refer to Adriamycin as "the red devil" and other chemos as poison.

I have to admit, it makes me cringe.  I guess because I felt that by calling the drugs by nasty monikers, it somehow made it worse....maybe it sets your mind up to create more difficult side effects.

Yes, they are tough.   But I always looked at it that they had to be tough to kill the cancer cells, I was just determined to be tougher.

Chemo and cancer are scary enough....we don't have to make them scarier.  But that's just me...

It's kind of like this....Foxglove..a gorgeous plant, the source for the chemical digitalis which is very beneficial to many heart patients.....but digitalis, is also poison....yet, I don't think that many heart patients refer to it as poison....of course, many do refer to warfarin (coumadin) as rat poison...but then that's what it is. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment