Monday, September 16, 2013

Dangling?

One of my friends made a comment to me the other day.  She's also on Halaven (eribulen) but she's doing much better than I am....fewer side effects and MUCH better response with the tumor markers.  She said something to the effect that when she starts feeling neuropathy with a drug, she gets off it.

My viewpoint has always been that I will suffer through the neuropathy because it is better than being dead.  I suppose I came to this point as I got some neuropathy with Taxol.  I got more with Abraxane, even Xeloda gave me some, and Halaven is giving me a lot.....even to the point that I have numbness in my face.  Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of other reasons I may be experiencing this in my lower lip, and teeth....and I am checking with my dentist tomorrow.... It is a listed side effect....but I could also have a tooth infection, problems with my temporal mandibular joint (TMJ), heart issues, or a host of other things.

So....maybe she's right to jump ship and I'm silly for slogging on....,I sure as heck would like to find something that works.  My markers have been playing hopscotch.  Not fun.

So, what would  your choice be? Stick it out, or stop when you get the whimper of a debilitating side effect?  All I know is that it is getting progressively harder to walk.....  I sure do wish I could convince my oncologist to do a biopsy of the gluteal mets and have rational theraputics or Caris test it out...I am getting a little tired of being the lab rat and risking the side effects when there is something else out there which may give us the direction to go without needless side effects....but this is a new process and lots of the docs aren't looking at the new methods that these two employ, just at what used to be done.  I'm not saying it is without error, but surely it would be less expensive and possibly easier on me.

10 comments:

  1. Hey I have a quick question about your blog, could you email me when you have a chance? Thanks! -Cam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to tell you she passed away. I googled her name and ran into her obituary.

      Delete
  2. Cars are the number 1 transportation all over the world. It is always use for travelling and many incident of accidents causes by car crash. online travel insurance is the most efficient protection incase of that unexpected scenario.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on IPT (Insulin Potentiation Therapy) For Cancer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa,
    I have been a long-time reader of your blog and can relate to so much to your experience and thoughts. I also appreciate all the helpful information and guidance you provide. I have been concerned since you haven't posted in a while. How are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to tell you she passed away. I googled her name and ran into her obituary.

      Delete
  5. I am Lisa Shaw i has been suffering from thyroid cancer which was confirmed to be stage IV, the doctor told me there was little i could do since i wasn’t responding to treatment but my brother in law came to my rescue by ordering this treatment from Dr Alaba which he said has been helping some patient fight against cancer of various types so we decided to give it a chance, so far i am improving perfectly very well and presently i can walk around the house all by myself. I felt its necessary i let others who are suffering from this acute disease that once you have a good treatment it can really give one a sound second chance of living. if you happen to be in need of this herbal treatment you can contact the foundation who supplied me treatment via alabasolutions@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am Lisa Shaw i has been suffering from thyroid cancer which was confirmed to be stage IV, the doctor told me there was little i could do since i wasn’t responding to treatment but my brother in law came to my rescue by ordering this treatment from Dr Alaba which he said has been helping some patient fight against cancer of various types so we decided to give it a chance, so far i am improving perfectly very well and presently i can walk around the house all by myself. I felt its necessary i let others who are suffering from this acute disease that once you have a good treatment it can really give one a sound second chance of living. if you happen to be in need of this herbal treatment you can contact the foundation who supplied me treatment via alabasolutions@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shame on you for posting bogus herbal treatments for cancer... especially on the blog of a woman who has passed on!!! Go away!!

      Delete
  7. WOW ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS I HAVE NEVER BELIEVE IN HERBAL REMEDIES.
    my daughter have been a patient of breast cancer . I had tried a lot of anti viral med prescribed to me by doctors over how many years now but I could not see any improvements in my daughter symptoms. One day while going through the internet , i got to know about this great Herbal Dr who uses his herbal remedies in curing people from cancer,quickly i contacted him and he prepared a herbal medication for my daughter which i received and he used it as instructed by dr williams. After few weeks the improvement were very visible.the redness and nipple discharge gradually stooped ,on thing now she is so full of life. I would recommend this to all my friends,families,around the globe suffering from cancer.you can contact him through his email on drwilliams098675@gmail.com.for advice and for his product THANKS TO YOU ONCE AGAIN DR WILLIAMS

    ReplyDelete