Sunday, August 14, 2011

Coming Back Slowly

It has now been a month and a half (roughly) since my last chemo treatment.  My eyesight is coming back.  While I can now read the printed page without a lot of difficulty, my distance vision is still blurry.  That's OK, because it is on the mend.

I am greatly annoyed, however, that my energy level is still compromised.  While I can do more than I did when I was on chemo, I am still tired out from doing a couple of things in the same day or calling upon my strength. I can't go at my garden like I used to and therefore yu see that milkweed, wild oats, Russian thistle, nut sedge, and other weeds have taken hold.  It is only by the grace of God that I am getting any tomatoes off my plants as they are overshadowed by 6 foot tall stands of ragweed and lambsquarters.  I need qa flame thrower to try to get the vegetable garden under control.

My hands and feet are still very very numb.  My sense of taste is back. My hair is now a fuzzy mostly white with some brown layer on my head...the sad thing is that it doesn't seem to be coming back on my normal hairline and is probably caused by the lack of estrogen.

I'm coming back slowly.  I just need to remember that this did not happen in a month's time and therefore, you (if you're on chemo) and I won't be instanteiously back to our pre-chemo states without time and effort to restore our strength and conditioning.


1 comment:

  1. It's got to be hard to have the patience to go through all this.

    ReplyDelete