Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bad Hair Days when the Hair isn't Even Yours


I meant to share this picture on Valentine's Day. However, I was just too tired to post. :( Aren't they cute? Just another example of the wonderful people you meet in the treatment room.

Yesterday when I came home, my darling daughter said "MOM! WHAT did you do to your hair?" Huh? "You've done something really strange to your part!" Hmm...I grabbed it and adjusted it until she agreed that it was OK. What a bear, you have hair issues and it isn't even your own.

The other day, we were in a dress shop which specialized in prom and pageant dresses. Most of the big fluffy dresses were in plastic garment bags. It didn't take too long of looking through the racks until my synthetic hair was....well, standing on end. The static electricity got to it. Very fun.

Then there was the time I was on Martha's Vineyard. I had to scoot into a shop and buy some barrettes to hold my hair back and contained....and it wasn't even my hair! What an insult.

I also don't particularly like it when my new wig, which has longish bangs, pokes my eyes out.

But at least it's warmer than not having anything on my head!

The ultimate insult? My favorite salon sent me a$10 gift certificate for my birthday. Using it for a new hair-do is out...and my fingernails are too sensitive for a manicure. Growl. Ah well, it is the thought that counts, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment